Jaipur BookMark 2020
Jaipur BookMark brings you iWrite, a mentorship initiative for writers; a platform for storytellers, poets and literary enthusiasts to tell their story and be mentored by experts in the field.
iWrite is a call to all the unpublished manuscripts sitting on your computers or living in your head, in any genre or format: short stories, novels, poetry, and works of fiction or non-fiction.
A nominal handling fee of INR 1000 will be charged per entry. If your entry makes it to the top 10 shortlists, you will get a platform to share your work and receive feedback from international publishers, literary agents, translators and other industry experts in a pitching session at Jaipur, and perhaps even get a chance to sign a book deal!
In 2020, you could be the one who gets shortlisted! Don’t miss this opportunity!
- Each person can submit a maximum of one entry with a nominal handling fee of INR 1000 (non-refundable and non-transferable).
- All entries for iWrite must be unpublished works, even if the author has been published before.
- Entries must entirely be the work of the entrant and by submitting he/she confirms that the work is his/her own.
- The submission must be either a synopsis of a novel, a short story, or a set of poems.
- The maximum word limit for the synopsis of a novel will be 1500 words.
- A complete short story can be of upto 2500 words.
- Poetry entries may include three poems (upto a maximum of 70 lines) with a short introduction to the set.
- Please mention the title of the work in bold at the top centre, followed by your name, age, occupation, city of residence, contact number and email address, along with a short author profile at the end of the document.
- The programme is open to writers of Indian nationality, writing in English or any Indian language. We, however, require the synopsis to be submitted in English or Hindi only.
- Entries must be uploaded as a PDF (Max size 2 MB; no word.doc please). Please use Times New Roman Font in size 12.
- Shortlisted names will be announced on last week of December 2019.
Please note: Entries not pertaining to the guidelines will be disqualified.